Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How I Learn

After doing 2 mini-tests to find out what kind of learner I am I have discovered that I am a Kinesthetic Learner. The traits of a Kinesthetic Learner are that they learn through doing themselves rather than sitting in lectures listening to how things should be done. I agree with this as I zone out during most lessons and thrive when we actually get to do something physical. I think looking back on this course so far I can't pinpoint anything I have learned in the actual classes that I didn't already know a bit about. Anything I have learnt has been in the studio. This is evidence that I am a Kinesthetic learner.

However I don't agree with some of the suggested learner aids for this type of learner. It is suggested that I would learn better if I do things such as write on surfaces with my finger, dance, role play, use poems and rhymes etc. I don't think these would necessarily help me as I would find them too much of a distraction.

By doing these tests I have learned that I need to work on my concentration whilst listening to lectures as when we get to the end of the semester I normally can't remember things we have done at the start of it so I would learn from taking more notes physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment